New Year's Resolution: Become a Blogger

After much prodding from my two great friends Steph and Chels, I have finally decided to join the thousands and more and create a blog. I must say that I feel somewhat anxious; afterall, anyone can read and critique what I write! But reading others' blogs have kept me feeling connected to them, even when they move all the way to Wheaton, Illinois. So, here's to 2008 and blogs!

A picture of the two inspiring bloggers. In October, Steph and Molly (the baby) came to stay with Robby and me for a weekend. It was great that Chels was able to come for dinner, since that was our last time all three of us were together before Chelsea moved to Wheaton.

The last month has been full of activity. We celebrated Rob's 26th birthday December 21st with friends, came to Visalia that Sunday for more celebration, and then jumped into Christmastime with both families, enjoying a whole week in Visalia. Although the weather was much colder than it is Whittier, it was worth it...and both Robby and I received new coats for Christmas, so we were able to face that bitter cold in style.

My sisters Chelsea, Carly, and Camille are set to open their presents Christmas Eve.
Baby (the dog) is excited, too, since she gets to chew up any attractive presents left on the floor. Her favorite? The Starbuck's mitten.

The Feely family gather together on Christmas morning for a quick picture before stocking time. This was the first holiday I spent wearing my pajamas all day! Not a bad tradition, although it does not make for very lovely pictures.

The Vander Kooi (plus Robby and Candace) Christmas picture. Chelsea's dog Baby is in the background. She keeps the family quite entertained...and exhausted.

This was taken on Thanksgiving. Who do you think is the oldest? (This used to be an easy answer, but now my younger sisters look older than I do! I guess that will be a good thing when we get old.)

And since we're in November, why not go all the way back to August...

My first blog just wouldn't be complete without a picture of our wonderful friends John and Kelly. This was taken in New Jersey, where we vacationed over the summer, but that's a story for another day.



Well, that ends my first blog entry. Lots of bits and pieces were thrown together, but it is my first time.
Happy 2008!

Comments

  1. Yay, you're a blogger! I'm so proud of you! I loved seeing the pics of your family...your sisters are all so grown up! I'm so glad we have things like email and blogs to keep in touch, even when we're miles apart. Lots of love & Happy New Year!

    Robby & Chels

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts