Dentists and Cars

Today was a traumatizing day for me. I had to do the one thing that I absolutely hate: visit the dentist to get "dental treatment" done. They call it "treatment" instead of a filling so it sounds better, but it's not. I left school early, drove myself to the Cerritos Dental Office, and had three fillings done. Yuck. I was so nervous at the beginning that the dentist was kind enough to offer me a very low dose of Valium, which I thought did very little for me. But I'm sure it calmed me some. When he first began drilling, I immediately felt pain. So, again, he was kind enough to help me out and gave me another shot, and a painful one at that. After he gave me the shot, he told me to rinse, and for some reason I started tearing up. (I am really quite scared of the dentist!) I managed to hold back my tears, though, sit down and prepare myself for more pain. Luckily, the extra shot worked, and I felt no more drilling pain. Of course I'm still numb right now, so the pain may come later. Still, after "treatment" pain is much more bearable than during "treatment" pain.

So, with that horrible event over, I was on my way to church to meet Robby and hang out until youth group. As I was about two minutes away, some man accidentially hit the front of my car as he was trying to turn left out of a gas station. It wasn't a very wise decision of his since things were really busy and he clearly couldn't see me, but we've all had our share of making stupid decisions when driving. There was a generally small scrape on the front of my bumper and the license plate had been knocked off. However, when we drove it over to a body shop, they said it would be over $600 to fix! Bummer. Even though he or his insurance will have to pay, I still feel bad. Having just gone through a rear-ending in January with Robby, I know it's still no fun - even if you acknowledge it's your fault.

I find it very interesting that this happens the day I after I write that my "warning sign" I have is a lack of patience. I can honestly say that I kept my cool pretty well, although perhaps that can be attributed to my relatively numb state in which I left the dentist office :) Or, it could be God answering my prayer for patience and trust. The latter is probably true.

Comments

Popular Posts