Moving Day

After a very long day (a long week, actually) of packing, organizing, cleaning, and crying, we finally moved out of our little apartment in Whittier. With the help of friends, we packed all day on Thursday, and then Robby and I drove the old familiar drive to Visalia late Thursday night. Thanks to all of our fantastic friends for helping us: John, Kelly, Dave, Andrea, Andrew, and Curtis. They may not have wanted to help us move (because they'd rather us stay by them), but they were still amazing in helping make it possible.
-------------
Curtis and John working hard. I think these were the boxes that were filled with rocks.

Taking a pizza break

We're all smiles here, but the tears soon began flowing. Sniff.
To make the move a little easier, John and Kelly came and spent Friday night and Saturday with us in Visalia. We had a great time going to Fugazzi's for dinner (my favorite Visalia restaurant), TCBY for dessert (which is pretty much non-existent in SoCal), and Huckleberry's for breakfast.
------------
John and Rob ordered the same dinner and the same dessert. What will these two do without each other around?

J&K are dedicated friends. They spent their anniversary helping us move. Sorry for such a lame anniversary present!

More pictures of our new (but old) home to come soon.

Comments

  1. I miss you guys already and it's been three days!! I'm in Iowa, but I was sad this morning to not get to go to church and have you both singing praises to God. I'm going to come up as soon as I can... Hopefully in no more than a month!

    --Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still believe that we got the best going away present! And, I am happy that I made it in all of the photos :)
    We miss you guys terribly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where are John & Kelly at in the last picture--it looks beautiful! Fugazzi's is the BEST restaurant in Visalia and one of the best overall. The bread for dipping is amazing! I hope you have some good working A/C! Your little place/area looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found my way back to this post through a "Linked Within." Great memories.
    Any word on when TCBY will be coming back?!?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts