Cold in Visalia

I have been reminded of the cold that occurs in Visalia. It is not yet 5:00, and it is just below 60 degrees. Now, I know 59 degrees is not that cold, but it is just a peek at what is to come. That is the valley for you - blazing in the summer, icey in the winter.

On another note, I had my first major evaluation today with my principal. He had good things to say, one being that I looked like a "seasoned teacher." I laughed to myself because I have never felt more green in my life. I don't think any teacher education program could have adequately prepared me for instructing middle school students. The real irony is I had just come from a teaching a class where I wrote up a student for calling me a b----. Isn't that just great? And he had good reason to do so: I wouldn't let him use the bathroom. (Yes, I am that teacher, the one who firmly believes a student can hold it.) I decided not to mention that little issue during my eval.

It's time to go because it's time to vote! Did you remember?

Comments

  1. My, how perspectives change! I used to think that 60 degrees was cool, but when it was 51 on my way into work this morning, it felt balmy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts