DIY: Recovering a Bench

Recently Robby and I found this adorable bench at an antique shop in Exeter. We really loved the look of it but not so much the blah cream cushion. We went to Joanne's and purchased this beautiful textured fabric. The picture doesn't do it justice: it's gold with dark brown, bronze, and bluish-silver dots. So pretty!
Robby began the project and took the lid off. (I would have helped, but someone had to take the pictures!)
All set up and ready to recover!
(About two hours later...)
Pefect!
How do you make anything look classic and finished? Simply toss on a few throw pillows. (But not too many! See Decorating Mistakes below.)

Comments

  1. Can, I have a hope chest my grandparents gave me for graduation that I've been wanting to cover for so long now...so the trick is to take off the lid first? I've been trying to figure out the best way...and how did you attach the fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, take the lid off. We used a staple gun, but ours was not an antique handed down. Was yours new or something passed down? Just take a look at what's under the lid now. If there are already staples, go with that. If not, you may need to just use an adhesive. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts