Update on Mystery Birds

A local nature lover (aka my mother-in-law) went on a photo search for the mystery birds after seeing them herself and thinks that they may be cattle egrets. I'm still not completely sure, but it's probably a better guess than white parrots. Sigh. Wouldn't it have just been amazing to find that an enormous flock of white parrots has chosen to make Visalia its home?


I'll try to get my own picture of the birds, but this is a google image of a cattle egret, which, by the way, does live in the Central Valley during winter time. And just like their name implies, they are around cattle. They seem to like the bugs that (unfortunately) correlate with cattle.

Comments

  1. Now that I know see that picture I know what birds you are talking about. I used to see them all the time on Goshen out by the 99. There is a water basin there that they like to hang out in. Definitely Egrets or Cranes, or something of that sort. I always loved seeing them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts