Let's get caught up, shall we?

I absolutely love Christmas. There's really nothing not to love about it: it is (for us, anyway) a Christ-centered holiday that brings family and friends together to celebrate God's gifts to us. It is a time for food, laughter, compassion, and more. Although this past week has been crazy, each night I have gone to bed so thankful for the blessings we have. Here's a brief look at what our life has been over the last week. (You might need to grab a cup of coffee and sit for awhile...there's quite a photo book below.)

Our Christmas really began last week when we went out and chopped down our very own Christmas tree. Okay, okay, we actually went to Lowe's and picked out the one that already had lights on it, but it looks just as pretty as a real one...and took about half the time to set up!

Getting the Tree
Rob carries the lovely tree through our front door, officially welcoming the Christmas season into our home. (Do you see the lights already on the tree?)
Ta-daa!
Happy Birthday, Robby
As I mentioned in my previous post, Rob's birthday was on Sunday. The Vander Kooi side had planned their big Christmas get together on his birthday (not on purpose, of course), so his party was postponed a night. Nonetheless, he had a really nice day. Our praise team surprised him with a bag of fantastic gifts, including gift cards to his favorites, as well as two 2-liter bottles of Dr Pepper. That night, I gave him his presents: new jeans and cool new slippers (I believe this is becoming a tradition). The next night, our families came over for pizza and cake.

Rob getting ready to open my gift. Let me say it was not easy keeping things hidden during the move! Luckily, I think he still was surprised.
Car and Camille snuggled up by the fire. (These two worked their little tails off for me helping me get my house ready!)

27 candles!!! Rob in his new hat (thanks to the girls) with Grandma Feely and me.

VK Christmas

Christmas with all of the Vander Kooi's was fun but a little more empty this year. Chelsea is of course still in Guatemala and other family members were unable to come due to illness or previous plans. We still had a good time, though. We continued the tradition of playing Greed (this is a sight to see with my family). We also continued the tradition of eating a whole lot of good food.

Rob and I snag the good seat in the house.

The "little" VK and Verwey girls The cutest present ever!!!

Everyone getting ready to fight for the gift they want. Dad having a good laugh

Sitting around the table
Christmas Eve

The next couple of days flew by as we prepared for Christmas Eve service. The praise team had been working for months. It truly was a wonderful service, and we were thrilled to see so many church people as well as new faces show up.

After church, we went back to my parents' house for Christmas Eve with the immediate family (missing Chelsea, of course.) My mom had made some wonderful appetizers and drinks, so it was just more good, clean fun.

Like mother, like daughter

Robby and his sister-in-laws Don't forget about me!And of course a picture of us...because we just don't have enough.Robby is ready to open his presents!
These are the Christmas gifts Chels sent us from Guatemala. I had wrapped each scarf individually but then forgot which was which. We put them in the middle of the table and just grabbed one. I think it ended up working out pretty perfectly! (Thanks, Chels! We all loved our presents!)

Christmas Day

After Christmas Eve with my family, we left so we could wake up in our home on Christmas day. We didn't have a lot of time (as we were heading over to Robby's parents), but we gave each other Christmas cards, and I opened a present from Robby.
Yay! New slippers for me!At the Feely house...

Yummy treats from Grandma!

Unwrapping the gift we gave them And finally, posing with one of my favorite presents: another set to our Christmas nativity display. Whew, what a week! And I still haven't posted updates from our house. That will have to be for the next novel I write because I'm ready for my Christmas nap right about now.

Comments

  1. Wow, that's a lot of busyness! It looks like you really enjoyed your first Christmas in your new home!

    Merry Christmas from our home to yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas looked like so much fun! I´m glad you all liked the scarves. Have you tried the coffee yet? I'm curious to know if it's tasty or not. AND the house looks beautiful, I can't wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, looks like you had a fantastic Christmas. The house looks great, I am excited to see the blue in person- it looks very pretty. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year you guys! Can, I see your mom is styling in White House, Black Market clothes! Too bad she doesn't live in Wheaton...I could've helped her pick them out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thinking the new house needs a visit from your friends down south... We should look at some dates and figure out when we can come. Happy New Year (and happy birthday to Rob--late, I know, but I was thinking about his birthday yesterday for some reason)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts