Twenty-Six


We celebrated my 26th birthday the good way, where the celebration lasts for a week instead of just one day. Robby's family took us to lunch on the Monday before my birthday, since we had the day off for MLK Day. We went to Tazzaria downtown. I keep hearing how great their lunch is, so I thought it would be nice to give it a try. As promised, it was delicious, although the wait was a bit long. Instead of traditional birthday cake, I chose a piece of their amazing carrot cake, which was the best I have ever had.
The party continued through the week when my birthday actually came. I was up late the night before preparing a sub plan (no, I wasn't ditching school; I had a meeting at the district office), so Robby let me open a gift early. He, as usual, did great with his gift giving - I got a great Juicy sweatsuit, which I had been wanting! So cute! The next day, he was able to meet me for lunch, which was very special. We went to Panera Bread and had yummy paninis and soup, as well as one of their amazing chocolate chip-walnut cookies.

Later, we met my family for dinner at Cool Hand Luke's in Tulare where my dad treated us all to a steak and prime rib for me. It was very good, and the best part was my complimentary ice cream s'more sundae, which, typical for my family, made its way around the table for all. Yum!

Even though Chelsea is still Guatemala, she very thoughtfully had a present ready for me. Thanks for the awesome shoes, Chels. I love them! My mom also helped make my birthday sweet by bringing chocolate cupcakes with pink frosting and chocolate covered cherries. Mmmm...
Think the celebration is over? Oh no. John and Kelly came the next night and continued the fun with us, gifting me with a great black purse and their wonderful company. We, as always, ate out a lot, getting to what is becoming the usual for us: Henry Salazar's and Fugazzi's.

I forgot to mention one of my favorite gifts: the beautiful flowers Robby brought me with the sweetest card. It was a great birthday, even though I now am officially closer to 30 than 20.

I'm hoping the great celebration will be indicative of my 26th year of life.

Comments

  1. I am glad you had such a great birthday. I hope 26 is a great year for you! It is fun to see all your cute tops from our shopping trip. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts