Night Out

I was hoping that Robby and I would be able to go to the coast during my spring break, but because of the busyness of church and our lives in general, that just didn't happen. The trade-off became a nice dinner out with us pretending to be somewhere really special, instead of just plain ol' Visalia. Robby took me to the Vintage Press, which is arguably the best restaurant in Visalia. Partiality aside, I do think the food at the VP is just as flavorful and creative as other "fancy" restaurants (not that we've been to many, but we have tried a couple here and there). I ordered delicious macademia-crusted halibut with an orange glaze, fluffy mashed potatoes, asparagus, and an absolutely fantastic cauliflower soup. Robby had a New York with a twice-baked potato, asparagus, and a lovely green salad. For dessert, we had my favorite: creme brulee. With a storm coming in, it felt as if we really were somewhere exciting, although it was nice to come home and crawl into our own bed.

Comments

Popular Posts