Week Events

I don't normally post a "here's what I did this week" type of entry, but I'm feeling in the mood. Lots of little things have come up, so...here's what I did this week:

1. STAR Testing
This school week has been extremely busy as our students began their week and a half of STAR testing, California's standardized test our middle school students take. The schedule itself has been enough to cause chaos. Today, for example, I had the SAME group of students in my class from 8:20 until 1:28. Don't ask me to explain; just feel sorry for me.

2. Kitty Training
Our little Calla has proven to be very sweet at times but also a crazy hand and foot attacker. I decided to do a little research and found out it is possible to train a kitty to understand that human feet and hands are not kitty toys. It all begins with "scruffing" a kitty, which means when she becomes unruly, the owner gently grabs her by the scruff of her neck and holds her down for 3-4 seconds. It seems to be working, although she is a slow learner and must be retaught everyday.

3. Dinner with the Sario's
Steph and Will Sario treated us to wonderful homemade pizza at their home on Tuesday night. We had a fantastic time. They have recently been to our house and eaten dinner with us, but both Steph and I agree it's a lot easier and a lot more pleasant to do this at their house. The kids have their toys and their beds nearby, so kids and adults are kept happy. The highlight of the night had to have been playing play-dough with Molly. No, I take that back. The real highlight was when Molly said "You stay" to me when Rob and I started to get our things to leave. How sweet!

4. Backyard Eating
Since we now have a backyard lawn (and an adorable little table and chairs set gifted to us by Debbie), we have enjoyed drinking coffee and eating meals out there this past week. That is, when it hasn't been too hot. (We hit 90's!) It feels like our house has grown.

5. Lunch
We had the whole praise team over on Sunday (including their families) for lunch and had a wonderful time eating, hanging out, and playing Wii. There is always laughter with this group, so it was a nice way to begin the week.

Comments

  1. I was going to call you soon and ask if STAR testing was terrible for you. It was horrible for me. I had the same juniors (one of my bad classes) for 4 hour on Wed and Thursday. I have them all day on Tuesday. I might be sick. I don't know if I can handle it. Your schedule sounds worse though. I can barely keep those kids quiet for 5 minutes in class, let alone for 4 hours while they take tests that make them feel stupid.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts