Summer Treat

I was reading one of my favorite blogs, Design Sponge, and perusing the recipes section. I have never tried any of the recipes, but the photographs are all so beautiful and the writing is so interesting that I love reading it. I came across one for Apricot Tarts and decided this would be a yummy recipe to try. I began the search for the ingredients and came to a block when sparkling sugar and almond meal did not exist at my local store. My mother-in-law found almond meal for me at Watson's Veggie Garden downtown, and I used raw sugar instead of sparkling sugar.

Check out the recipe (with photos quite a step up from mine below): http://www.designspongeonline.com/2009/06/in-the-kitchen-with-sabra-krock-2.html

Ingredients

Audience

Mix well

In the oven

Tea and Tart
A friend to join me (see Calla's ears?)
I was so proud of how the tarts turned out. Granted, using an actual tart pan would have made them more of what they were supposed to be, but they were quite tasty. The lemon zest added a special punch, as well. I called my mother-in-law over to give them a whirl, and she agreed that they were a fine treat. She took two home for breakfast tomorrow, which leaves me with five to eat and share.

Comments

  1. Great baking, Candace, and just see what I plan to spend on something similar in a couple of weeks. http://www.ravenchocolates.com/id2.html
    Yours had all the layered flavors and texture of a quality European pastry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trader Joe's has almond meal. I bought some recently to make some almond scones which were really really yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts