Over Already?

It seems just yesterday I was writing the post that said I had two months of vacation, and in just a day and a half, it will be over. This is my first summer ever to have completely taken off - usually I'm teaching summer school or taking summer school (or both when I'm feeling really insane). This summer, I was able to enjoy so many fun and relaxing things, and I was able to have the time to process some difficult things. I feel blessed and rested and (surprise!) even ready to return to school.

Yesterday, Robby and I had a nice "last day" together because, as I always say, Weekends don't count as vacation. I had a doctor's appointment in Fresno in the morning, so we did that, then had lunch together at Elephant Bar (we miss that restaurant), and shopped a bit at Home Goods where I purchased my "Deal of the Week" - a really great chrome lamp to go behind my reading chair. And it was less than $10! Okay, it was $40, but I had a $32.00 store credit. It's just what I was wanting for that spot. Afterwards, we came home, took a nice nap, and later went downtown to have dinner and browse the First Fridays Art Walk, where local artists display their artwork in select businesses and restaurants. (Thanks, Chels, for telling us about this.) It was a very nice day.

"Deal of the Week" - modern lamp

And my final week wouldn't have been complete without some crazy project to work on. I decided to finish the office, which was the last room to have boxes in the closet and piles of papers to be filed. It took me all of Wednesday. I was finishing it up at midnight. But at last seven months of bills and receipts have been filed away, and the lovely baker's rack my mom gave me has finally been put to use.

Before: Lots of little stuff and clutter

After: Neat and clean! (Even the closet)
Now to get my classroom as ready as my office...

Comments

Popular Posts