Just thinking

It is May 1st. It is not only the first of the month, but it is also the day of Robby's 10 year and my 9 year high school reunion. As I was thinking about that, the fact that it's been nearly a decade since we graduated from high school, I was thinking about how amazing it is that Robby and I are together. We did, afterall, go to high school together, but I didn't even think twice about him then, nor him me, either. (I personally think our story would have been so much better if he had been in love with me since high school, but he wasn't. Too bad.) We knew of each other because both of us were friends with Stephanie and Chelsea, but that was it. I have no concrete memories of him from high school. I wonder how often we passed each other in the halls at school, or how many basketball or baseball games I watched of his, or whether we danced right by each other at prom. Just four years after high school, he and I were married.

My dad always says that he paid all that money for me to go to Biola University, to have me end up meeting and marrying a boy who lived 10 minutes from my house all along.

Comments

  1. That is really cute Candace. Have fun at the reunion. You are braver than I am. I couldn't bear going to mine. BTW, BFFAEAE = Best Friends Forever and Ever and Ever. ;-) It was something a tween said on some cell phone commercial -totally corny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute!! i had no idea you guys went to high school together but really but really didn't know each other :). and new york this summer - SO jealous!! if you ever decide you want to see seattle, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that your dad says that about Robby...so cute. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts