Visiting

This is Day 3 of my visit with Kelly, John, and Anna. I made great time on Monday and arrived about 1:30. My first day I received the condo tour (such a cute place) and the driving tour and got a feel for where my friends have been living. It's a really great area--amazing weather and anything you could want within minutes. Seriously, anything! I found it quite amusing when Kelly would point things out: "Just over there is Sea World." "If you follow this road, you'll end up at the SD Zoo." "Only a few minutes from this is the beach." "This takes you straight to Downtown in about two minutes." She had a couple big ticket items to show off, one of which is the HUGE Qualcomm Center, which seems to rise up out of nowhere. Monday evening included a yummy dinner Kelly made (home-made mac and cheese) and the first installment of the Twilight saga, which will (of course) culminate with Eclipse on Wednesday.

On Tuesday, after a nice sleep for me (Anna was a restless, so J and K didn't sleep quite as well), we went to Downtown San Diego to visit a World Market there so Kelly could pick up a few decorating items. Our evening included a lovely walk at Mission Bay (another one of those things a minute away) and home-made calzones. They were tasty, but it definitely was a learning experience. The next time we make these, we'll have a better idea of what to do. Our night finished up with fabulous margaritas (Kelly's discovery from Alton Brown) and New Moon.

And here we are on Wednesday. The big news of the day is that Eclipse comes out, and we will be watching it at 7:00 tonight!!! Another notable of the week is that Anna likes me, which is fun, but she definitely wants me to keep my "role." I am good-time Candace, her party-friend, not someone who tells her no or feeds her or even puts her in her car seat. If I step outside of party-friend role, she stares at me with wide-eyes, no doubt saying, "And just what do you think you're doing?"

We're having a great time, and it can only get better from here!

Comments

  1. Haha! Babies are so funny! So excited for you to see Eclipse tonight- I heard it was SO good! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can - So glad you are having a fun time in San Diego. I'll be visiting there in just a little over a month, and I'm so excited! I know you're having a fantastic time with Kelly, but I wish I were there with you now. I miss you so much that I'd even go willingly to see Eclipse with you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts