Summer Pizza

I have never tried to make pizza dough from scratch because I always assumed it would be too hard. (Plus my mother-in-law makes delicious home-made pizza, so there was no need.) This year, however, I decided I wanted to do this, and after our yummy pizza in New York, I thought I needed to continue my pizza attempts.

I tried two new dough recipes this week, one normal and one thin. Both were from Williams-Sonoma (my new favorite recipe site), and both were relatively simple, especially if you have a food processor or stand mixer. (I have neither, but my mom and I used her mixer for the thin crust.) The biggest difficulty with pizza dough is how sticky it is! Once you get over that part, it's not too bad.

The first pizza I made was a basic pepperoni pizza. The New York pizza always had fresh basil leaves and a handful of mozerella sprinkled on top of the cooked pizza, so I tried that. Besides that, it was simple, and it tasted good.

The second one I made (with my mom) was the thin-crust pizza. This was really yummy! We opted to go without a tomato sauce and instead covered the pizza in olive oil and garlic. We put a medium amount of mozerella, feta, and parmesan cheese, then covered the whole pizza with fresh sliced tomatos and onion, and a bit of salt and pepper. Into the oven it went at 500 degrees for about 15 minutes. As soon as it came out, we topped it with a handful of mozerella, fresh basil, and a drizzle of olive oil. It was great! Try it out!

And if you're in Visalia, this beautiful basil plant came from our farmer's market for only $2.00. Quite a deal :)

Comments

  1. I'm pretty much loving "stay-at-home-wife Candace" because everything you make looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. $2? That is a deal, and the pizza was yummy last night- thanks again for breaking us out of our comfort zone a little :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts