Favorite Things 2010: Part 2

The faves continue...

Favorite New Appliance: Sewing machine! Debbie surprised me one day with a new sewing machine, and there hasn't been a week that goes by that I don't use it. I love it!

Favorite Cookbook: I remembered this after I talked to Kelly yesterday, and she told me she had found and purchased Best of America's Test Kitchen 2011, which is more of a magazine than cookbook. I had the 2010 version, and it served me quite well. Some of my favorites were the garlic mashed potatoes, popovers, cinnamon buns, baked ziti, mac and cheese, spiedies, chocolate cookies, and gingerbread cake. Love this!

Favorite DIY tool: Spray paint! I don't know why I hadn't embraced spray paint before this year, but I purchased three different colors (green, bronze, and silver) and have used it to update all kinds of things. Love it!

Other favorites from the past year that don't really have a category: the herbs and spices from Capriccio Specialties gifted to me by my mother-in-law (seriously, who knew spices could smell like these?); the spice jars from World Market that I have used to store anything from basil to beads; the collection of The Office and 30 Rock on Netflix; the clearance fabric from Beverly's; cosmo and dahlia flowers; my little lemon tree...

All in all, 2010 was a good year, and I have high hopes for 2011!

Comments

Popular Posts