Tidbits Tuesday

I know I say it each week, but I'll say it again.  It's Tuesday already??  Where did this week go?  I suppose that's the beautiful of writing a weekly "Here's what we did" post.  I actually get a moment to pause and think about the goings-on in our life over the course of seven days.
Enjoying some ice cream at Reimer's while on our little getaway with the Gimlin's
  • I began my first lesson in quilting with Steph.  I plan on chronicling this little endeavor, so more of this will definitely come.  I'll just say it was a great first step and began with a simple yet life-changing lesson in cutting and fabric grain.  (I'm not being sarcastic.  It really was life-changing!)
  • We spent a lot of time with both of our families, which was nice.  Some weeks, I feel like I don't see our families at all even though they live in the same town, so it's always good to get time with them.  And phone time with my sister Chelsea counts in all this.
  • We had a fantastic getaway with the Gimlin's, and a post is in the works.  For now you can read about our fun time at Steph's blog, complete with some great pictures.  And yes, I ate the alligator, too.  
  • My mom and I attended a cooking class/demonstration on breadmaking last night at Whole Foods in Fresno.  It was so fun and informative!  I came home with a little prize...my very own sourdough starter!  I will be "freshening" the starter today, so I can get to work on my first loaf of sourdough bread this week.  
  • Again, we had a wonderful week of church and Bible studies.  We are in the middle of a series on sacrifices at church, which of course is the perfect preparation for Easter Sunday.  It has gotten all of us to think about our offerings we give to God and whether or not there is any sacrifice in our life.  The "Measureless Love" study by Beth Moore has also been appropriate as we've been reminded of how great a love the Father has given to us.  Our Monday night study of "Forgotten God" has probably been the most dynamic for the group, though.  There is a lot of change taking place, and it's awesome!
I hope you get to take time this week to reflect upon the sacrifice our Savior made for us.  If you're in the Visalia area and would like to join our church for a night of worship and reflection this Thursday, please do!  Visit our website for the details or contact me!  

Comments

  1. Keep that starter growing Can! I look forward to trying Feely Sourdough. BTW, there is a Boudin Bakery here in SD. Funny, huh?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts