Low Sugar Oat Pumpkin Muffins

I know it's no longer fall nor pumpkin season, but I made these awhile back, and they were good for a low-sugar breakfast or treat.  Top them with a sweet frosting, and you have a dessert!  The problem I found was that as soon as I made them, I was sick of pumpkin, so much so that I really didn't get to enjoy them.  Maybe I'll be up for them next fall, but until then, I might try swapping out the pumpkin puree for banana or carrot.
Oat Pumpkin Muffins

1/3 c oil
1 ½ cups oat flour
½ cup almond meal
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. salt
¼ tsp. allspice
1 ½ cups pumpkin puree
¼ cup honey (I did a bit less even.)
2 large eggs
½ cup sour cream

1.     Preheat to 350 degrees.  Line muffin tins.
2.     Whisk dry ingredients.
3.     In a separate bowl, whisk pumpkin puree, honey, eggs, sour cream, and oil until well combined.
4.     Stir in flour until just combined.
5.     Fill tins about half full.
6.     Bake for 20-25 minutes, until they spring back when touched.

Comments

Popular Posts