Robby's 31st!

Hello all, and happy January! As usual, December was a blur...a fabulous, fun-filled, meaningful blur :) It all began with my husband's 31st birthday, which happened to be the last day of the semester for me. Much to celebrate that night!

We had lunch with his family with his requested meal of choice: his mama's homemade pizza and my tested and proven chocolate cake. The spoiling began at that point as he parents gifted him with fancy new golf shoes, and his brother gave him a new (to us) camera plus all the accessories. Unfortunately, I don't have a single picture of his family from that day (I was practically delirious from lack of sleep!), but there's a good one of Rob and Jeff as we celebrated Jeff's birthday not too long after.

We spent all of lunch at his parents', then rushed home to get ready for a fun night out. We had made plans with the Gimlin's to celebrate Rob's 31st and their seventh wedding anniversary at Ruth's Chris in Fresno. It was such a fun night -- we definitely felt like we were treating ourselves! We ended the evening with a quick trip down Christmas Tree Lane, not realizing it was the last Friday before Christmas! To say it was packed is an understatement!

The next day, we celebrated with my side of the family and gathered at my parents' for dinner and dessert with the whole family as a bit of a kick-off for the fun weekend ahead. Not wanting to make another chocolate cake, I decided to do two huge pizookies (fresh-baked cookie dough covered with vanilla bean ice cream), and it was a big hit. Although not everyone wanted to eat them family style like Car and I did, it worked nicely to give a scoop in a dish. I'll definitely be doing those again!

I love this man more than anything, and I'm so grateful for another year of life with him! Happy birthday, Robby, and to many, many, many more!
Photobucket

Comments

  1. Happy Birthday Rob! I'm glad you were able to have some sort of celebration with us ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday rob! fun days celebrating :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts