My Valentine

Valentine's Day has already come and gone, which is really too bad, because I love Valentine's Day. I love the cards, the hearts, the loves, the oodles and oodles of red and pink everywhere.  The hub and I had a simple celebration this year thanks to the busyness of putting on a youth weekend retreat, but it was still nice. Dinner out, a custom See's box of scotchmallows and bordeaux chocolates, and a nice evening in Three Rivers was pretty perfect. I was with my Valentine on Valentine's -- what could be better?

Recently, I spent a little time on a few projects that lent themselves to sprucing up our home around our favorite heart day.

Project #1 was simple framed fabric (who doesn't love grey chevron?), but with a little fishing line wrapped around the fabric, it becomes a place to tuck photos and other sweet things, like the felt red heart below.
 
Project #2 was a chalkboard...finally. I used chalkboard spray paint on a piece of canvas (totally works!) and then silvered-sprayed the frame.

Photobucket

Comments

Popular Posts