Is this really happening?

Today I left work early because I'm sick. Right now, I'm on the couch, trying to soothe a sore throat with hot tea and settle an upset stomach with saltines. Even though I am achey and uncomfortable, it also feels normal. Just a normal cold. A normal afternoon. A normal weekend ahead.

But then I remember, nothing is normal right now. Tomorrow, as in less than 24 hours from now, I will go to the hospital and have the tiny eggs inside of my body taken out. They will quickly be fertilized, and on Saturday, we will wait for a call to tell us how many embryos we have. In the nearly eight years Robby and I have shared together, never have we anticipated such important news. I can barely comprehend how amazing and huge this is, and any attempt to truly grasp it just leaves me a sobbing wreck.

It doesn't seem real that this is happening, but it is. :)

Comments

  1. Ugh! I can't believe you got a cold! And I can't believe what a big weekend this is! God bless you tomorrow as you go under.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boo for being sick! I'm sorry, hopefully it didn't come from us- A and I were home sick 2 days this week :(

    Such an exciting day for you tomorrow! Knowing the anticipation and excitement I've felt with both pregnancies and each little milestone I can only imagine what you are feeling after waiting this long! I will be praying for you tomorrow! Let me know if you need anything, Ben has a meet so I will be home with the girls :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts